MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR ZIP CODE, TO COMPANY. IF COMPANY IS NOTIFIED IT HAS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT A MINOR UNDER THE AGE OF 18, THAT INFORMATION WILL BE PROMPTLY DELETED FROM OUR DATABASE.
Personal Information means data about a living individual who can be identified from the data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Software or from the Software infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Software and is the subject of Personal Information.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Software (subject to your consent when required by applicable laws).
Types of Data Collected
While using our Software, we may collect certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personally identifiable information we collect includes:
- IP Address
- Device ID
- Email Address
We also collect information when you use our Software relating to your web site browser, network, device, and other similar information. This information is collected to ensure you have a consistent experience when using our Software, to ensure our content is displayed properly, and to improve the overall quality of our Software. If we serve ads, this information is also used to ensure advertisements are properly displayed to you. Information collected related to your browser, network, and device information, includes:
- Operating System
- Browser Type
- Network Type
- Usage Data
- * and other similar information.
If you are a publisher or advertiser on our network, we may collect Personal Information from publishers and advertisers to the extent such information was voluntarily provided to us by you when signing up to be part of our network. Personal Information you may provide us includes:
- Payment information
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
- * and other similar information.
We may also collect information how the Software is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Software that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Software.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Software.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Software
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Company may use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Software
- To serve tailored advertisements to you
- To notify you about changes to our Software
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Software when you choose to do so
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Software
- To monitor the usage of our Software
- To detect and prevent fraud
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Software, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Under certain circumstances, Company may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Company may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Company
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Software (e.g. to prevent or investigate fraud)
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Software or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Company aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Company relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with the right to request certain information regarding our collection of personal information from California consumers. If you are a California consumer, you have a right to request the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information may have been collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and/or
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we may have collected about you.
We may share Personal Information, such as your IP address, with service providers solely for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract between us and the service provider. Our service providers use the Personal Information as necessary to perform the business purpose stated in a written contract with the service provider.
Company does not "sell" your Personal Information as that term is defined under CCPA, however if you would like to receive further confirmation that any Personal Information we may have about you is not "sold" to third parties, you may contact our Data Protection Officer with your "do not sell my Personal Information" request as follows:
You may also request that Company delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the email provided above. Please understand that Company is required by CCPA to first verify any request received prior to complying with any CCPA request.
In some instances, Company is not required by CCPA to delete Personal Information. In such instance, Company will notify you if your Personal Information was unable to be deleted for one of the permitted exceptions under CCPA.
We may employ third party companies and individuals who are compliant with CCPA and GDPR to facilitate our Software ("Service Providers"), to provide the Software on our behalf, to perform Software-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Software is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Software.
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Our Software does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data Controller and Owner
We will respond to reasonable requests for access, revision, or deletion requests to the extent required or permitted by law. Please note, if your request for access or revisions is too burdensome, creates an excessive expense upon Advertise.com, or violates the rights of other individuals, Advertise.com will weigh the risks to your individual privacy and act accordingly.